LIMITED COMPANY BOOKKEEPING
Whether you don’t have the knowledge, time, or interest we can help you get your bookkeeping on track.
Bookkeeping for limited companies is as diverse as the companies we work with, there is no ‘one-size-fits-all’, so we will work with you to find the perfect solution for your needs.
There are so many issues with bookkeeping!
- You may already have an accountant but want more visibility of your finances before the end of the financial year (or 9 months after it)
- You may be just starting out, be unsure what to do first and want to make sure everything is in place from the start.
- You may have tried using cloud accounting for yourself but found it does not work for you, or it has got into a bit of a mess.
- Your business may have grown and while you were happy to do things yourself before, you cannot carry on – the bookkeeping is keeping you away from your business (and your life!)
- You may want to streamline your processes or be forced to due to growth (and things like being VAT registered)
- You may be worried that you are going to miss an important deadline or do something wrong and need someone to take that stress away.
We will work with you to find a package of services that works for your business with the right balance between us taking over everything or you keeping hold of the elements you’re happy to. We work with our clients on a regular basis (weekly or monthly depending on your needs) to make sure your books are up to date so you know exactly what is going on.
We work 'in the cloud'
All our bookkeeping is done ‘in the cloud’. This means that we utilise the most up to date accounting software around to make sure you are up to date. The main benefit of these is that you and your bookkeeping, and your accountant can view the same data, at the same time from anywhere you like.
- We are certified advisors on both Xero and QuickBooks Online (QBO), so we will pick the system that is best for you and make sure it is set up correctly.
- If your business is already using either Xero or QBO we can review your current setup and make sure it is working properly and clean up any historical data issues
- If you are currently using a different system, we can transfer everything over.
- We will also provide you with the training you need to understand the system, be confident and view the parts you need to
Once the system is set up, we will package up the services that you need which may include.
- raising invoices,
- integration of sales from other platforms (website, Etsy, eBay etc)
- tracking receipts from customers,
- debtor analysis (allowing you to chase outstanding debts)
- recording costs expenses in your P&L and Balance sheet
- scanning all required documentation for storage within your cloud accounts package
- ensuring payment on time,
- creditor analysis
- Reconciling all income and expenditure with customer and supplier invoices and receipts
- Ensuring income and expenditure in bank accounts and other services such as PayPal, Stripe, or other payment processing solutions is integrated correctly into the accounts.
Regular management reports
- Reports to help you run your business.
- Profit and Loss
- Balance sheet
- Accounts payable (what you owe)
- Accounts receivable (who owes you)
Quarterly VAT return preparation
- This runs of the bookkeeping being correct, but these can be checked and submitted for you.
- If you have a simple Director only payroll, we will run this ourselves.
- If your payroll is a little more complicated, we have specialists that we can refer this to
- This is a difficult topic which will really depend on what services you need, and how many transactions you have to process. That is why it is really important for us to work together to find a package that is suitable for you, and we will price it accordingly.